The back of my iPhone is a button. A back tap feature exists and it is cool too.
The back of my iPhone can be used as a button to perform certain actions.
If you can upgrade to the iOS 14 software on your device, then you can set this back tap feature.
How is the back of my iPhone a button?
By activating this feature, you can either double-tap or triple-tap the back of your iPhone to perform certain actions like taking a screenshot.
It’s simple. Here are the steps
- Just go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap.
- Choose Double Tap or Triple Tap, then choose an action.
I tried it with the screenshot function and it works like a charm.
Note that Back Taps aren’t available on all iPhones. To use them, you’ll need to have one of these iPhone models
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
How to set up Back Tap shortcuts on your iPhone
1. Start the Settings app and tap “Accessibility.”
2. In the Physical and Motor section, tap “Touch.”
3. Scroll to the bottom and tap “Back Tap.”
4. Tap either “Double Tap” or “Triple Tap,” depending upon which gesture you want to configure.
5. Choose the feature, command, or shortcut you want to assign to the gesture. If you’ve set something up in advance using the Shortcuts app, it’ll be listed at the very bottom of the page under “Shortcuts.”
6. Tap “Back Tap” at the top-left to save your shortcut. You can now assign a command to the other gesture, or stop here.
If you find that your Back Tap commands aren’t working, even after you set them up, check your phone case. Some phone cases especially if they’re thick will block your iPhone from picking up your taps.
For more visit Apple’s website